Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ruby Content Assist

When developing on any IDE, a nice feature is the content assist. This means you can hit a few key strokes, and a list of possible classes, methods, variables, etc are shown that match what you have typed so far.

In Eclipse for RoR, this feature is also available. You hit CTRL + Spacebar, and the Ruby Content Assist fires and gives you a list of possible completions. However, for some reason, on my setup, this doesn't work. Instead, I get a lovely "Problem Occurred" error pop-up... lovely! The error states that I have a java.lang.NullPointerException. Great... now what?

I've been looking around and seeing how to solve this, and so far, I've come up with nothing. My friend, J, seems to have no problems at all... damn this sucks! I'm so tempted to just reinstall Eclipse + Aptana + RadRails again... sigh... I'll keep you updated as to how I manage to solve this.

W

No comments: