Monday, October 22, 2007

RadRails: Data Perspective

So I tried using this new perspective that comes with RadRails. It allows you to view your database in Eclipse and allows for SQL queries and executions.

However, I was running into some problems with my database.yml file. It kept giving me an error about invalid YAML syntax. However, RoR connects perfectly fine with it. I finally figured out that the Data Perspective doesn't like eRb.

I had previously DRYed up our database.yml by specifying our login information in one place, and then attaching it to the end of the hash for each database. However, the Data Perspective doesn't recognize this type of syntax and reports an error. After reverting our database.yml to its original form, the Data Perspective came to life.

Hope this helps anyone else running into the same problem.


W

No comments: