Sunday, October 21, 2007

Aptana + RadRails

WOW! Screw my previous environment setup... this new one rules! A combination of Aptana and RadRails, both as plugins to Eclipse rocks! Everything is integrated by installing just 2 plugins.

I haven't fooled around too much with Aptana yet, but there are many features supporting frontend development.

RadRails just blows me away! Everything is integrated into this little baby here. Features including generation of controllers, models, etc, rake commands, unit tests, database views... the list goes on. If you were to set up an IDE for RoR, this combination is the one you want. Try it out! I'm still exploring and I'm already blown off my feet!

Get it here:

http://www.aptana.com/download_rails_rdt.php

and follow the RadRails section in their documentation wiki:

No comments: