Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ubuntu Gutsy Update + VMware Server

Sorry for not posting anything for quite a while now. Been super busy with some other stuff.

Just wanted to vent a little. I believe yesterday, or the day before, there was an update to Ubuntu Gutsy. All is well, except when I tried to run VMware Server today, it wouldn't start! I checked the logs and said there was something to do with /dev/vmmon. After a quick Google search, I discovered that the new update had broken VMware Server! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This sucks!

A solution I found was to not use the repository version of VMware Server, as it is old anyways. I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble of reinstalling it manually on a 64-bit machine though... I guess I'll wait and see how long it takes them to fix it T.T


W

No comments: