Tuesday, May 6, 2008

CSS: z-index

I ran into this problem with stacking order. It seems pretty simple to me, but Internet Explorer has managed to screw it up... again! I don't blame them if IE6 has problems, but for goodness sakes, fix it in IE7!! But alas, that's not to be and I'm stuck here with some crappy options. Actually, I don't mind... my users will though.

Basically, I have a few divs, and they're going to overlap. With proper z-index, everything is fine. However, without it, I can't implement what I want to do. So in the end, it's the users who suffer... that is if they use IE. I ended up using conditional comments (awesome stuff!) to do what I want to do if the user is not on IE.

Apparently, they say that IE8 fixes this and that it will be completely standards compliant, but my question is when will that be released and when will all the users no longer be using anything earlier than IE8... it's definitely going to be a long wait...

Damn IE sucks!


W

No comments: